Close Menu
Liberal News
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Podcast
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Culture
What's Hot

Goronyo Urges Engineers to Help Drive Nigeria’s Development

Umahi Reassures Nigerians on Progress of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

FG Begins Reconstruction of Key Roads in Osun and Oyo

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Podcast
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Culture
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Liberal NewsLiberal News
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Podcast
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Culture
Liberal News
You are at:Home » Umahi Not Owing Me, My Claim Was Out of Frustration — Obinna Ude Retracts Allegation
Apology

Umahi Not Owing Me, My Claim Was Out of Frustration — Obinna Ude Retracts Allegation

Onu JoyBy Onu JoyMarch 9, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read36 Views
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit Copy Link
Share
WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Telegram Copy Link

By Joy Onu

A man who earlier accused the Minister of Works, David Umahi, of owing him ₦7 million has publicly withdrawn the allegation and apologized, admitting that the claim was made out of frustration.

The individual, Obinna Ude Nkama, had earlier circulated a video on social media alleging that the minister was indebted to him for a job he claimed to have executed. The video surfaced around the same time a similar allegation was made online by another individual identified as Tracy, drawing attention across social media platforms.

However, following what officials described as a careful verification of the matter, it was established that Ude had no contractual engagement with the Minister of Works and that no such debt existed.

In a fresh video released on Sunday, Ude publicly retracted the allegation and apologized to Umahi and the public for what he described as a misleading and malicious claim.

“I am Chief Obinna Ude Nkama, who made a derogatory post that has been trending over the malicious outburst I made against my leader out of anger and frustration,” he said in the video.

He further clarified that the minister was not indebted to him and appealed for forgiveness.

“My leader, most distinguished Senator Engr. David Umahi, I wish to clarify that the honorable minister is not owing me directly. I hereby wish to apologize publicly and to ask His Excellency to forgive me. Senator Umahi is a man of high integrity and a very good man,” he stated.

Ude also maintained that the apology was voluntary and not made under pressure from any individual or authority.

“This video is not done out of duress, pressure or request from anyone,” he said, adding that he would accept legal consequences if he revisited the allegation in the future.

In a statement issued on Monday, the Senior Special Assistant to the Minister of Works on Media, Francis Nwaze, urged the public to exercise caution when consuming and sharing information on social media.

The statement emphasized that not every allegation circulating online is based on verified facts, stressing the need for patience, verification, and fairness in public discourse.

It also reaffirmed that Umahi remains focused on his national assignment under the administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu to transform Nigeria’s road infrastructure as part of the government’s development agenda.

The statement added that the minister’s record in public service continues to reflect discipline, accountability, and integrity.

Federal Ministry Of Works Francis Nwaze Obinna Ude Nkama Senator David Umahi
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit Telegram Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleNAWOJ FCT Marks IWD 2026 with Health and Leadership Programmes, Promoting Rights and Justice for Women
Next Article Eagle Square Gets Ready for APC Convention as Umahi, Abiodun Supervise Preparations
Onu Joy
  • Website

Related Posts

Goronyo Urges Engineers to Help Drive Nigeria’s Development

August 7, 2026

Umahi Reassures Nigerians on Progress of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

August 7, 2026

FG Begins Reconstruction of Key Roads in Osun and Oyo

August 7, 2026
Top Posts

Police Academy: No Date Yet for Entrance Examination

August 2, 2026549 Views

FG Orders Mass Termination of Non-Performing Road Contracts on Abuja–Lokoja, Okene–Ajaokuta, and Lokoja–Shintaku–Dekina–Anyigba Corridors

November 26, 2025362 Views

Barrister Comfort Odoma Leads Multi-Sector NGOs in Abuja Outreach, Feeds Hundreds of Less Privileged

November 9, 2025300 Views

FG Showcases Progress on Key Road Projects During FCT Media Tour

March 6, 2026274 Views
Don't Miss
Development August 7, 2026

Goronyo Urges Engineers to Help Drive Nigeria’s Development

By Vicky Attah, Correspondent The Minister of State for Works, Rt. Hon. Bello Muhammad Goronyo,…

Umahi Reassures Nigerians on Progress of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

FG Begins Reconstruction of Key Roads in Osun and Oyo

Women in Security Initiative Debuts as NAWOJ Honours Betara

About Us
About Us

Liberal News bring to you the latest news updates

Our Picks

Goronyo Urges Engineers to Help Drive Nigeria’s Development

Umahi Reassures Nigerians on Progress of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

FG Begins Reconstruction of Key Roads in Osun and Oyo

Most Popular

NAFDAC Takes Custody of Expired Drugs Seized by Customs for Disposal

July 31, 20263 Views

Troops Arrest Four Suspected Terrorist Collaborators, Recover Drugs, Supplies in Yobe, Borno

August 5, 20263 Views

Police Intensify Crime Crackdown, Rescue Kidnap Victims Across States

August 5, 20263 Views
© 2026 Liberal News. Designed by Domo Tech Media.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.