2024: Governor Radda Presents N454bn ‘Budget of Reality’ for Katsina.

140
Share This Story Now!

 

Governor Dikko Umaru Radda on Thursday presented the 2024 Katsina State’s budget of N454,308,862,113.96 tagged ‘Budget of Reality’, to the State House of Assembly.

 

According to Governor Radda, capital expenditure will gulp 72.63 percent of the budget, while the rest 27.37 percent is for recurrent expenditure. He affirmed that the days of bloated budgets, poor budget performance, and rolled over projects in Katsina are now history.

 

He explained that the budget is comparatively higher than that of this year by N153,675,604,150.96, representing a 51.11% increase.

 

He further assured that the budget will fully be implemented.

ALSO READ:  NILDS : Exploring/ Training Drafts men Towards Deepening Democratic Process In Nigeria, By ABUBAKAR YUSUF.

 

“The 72.63% translates to N329,979,518,595.97 while, the 27.37% is in the sum of N124,329,343,517.99,” Radda said.

 

The Katsina Chief Executive noted that the revenue projections encapsulated in the budget are pragmatic, while the expenditure estimates are linked to the core of his administration’s strategic policy.

 

He said: “The total amount of Recurrent Revenue projected to finance the 2024 Budget is the sum of N188,061,977,186.28 which comprises N40,000,000,000.00 as Internally Generated Revenue from the State Board of Internal Revenue and other MDAs, plus the projected Revenue to be received from the Federation Account, which is estimated at the sum of N148,061,977,168.28

ALSO READ:  REMEMBERING THE COLOSUS DR. STEPHEN ACHEMA(1947-1999): THE MAN, HIS IDEALS, OUR FUTURE

60.

 

“It is Important to note that the 2024 Recurrent Revenue has decreased by N4,551,098,575.61 representing 9.76% decrease as against the 2023 Revised Budget. Similarly, the Capital Expenditure in the 2024 Budget has increased by 69.91% due to hike in Capital Receipts”.

 

Governor Radda said the 2024 budget gave priority attention to education, health and social care, agriculture, environment, public sector reforms, MSMEs and the rural economy, together with the security sector of Katsina.

 

“We understand that each sector has infrastructural needs so we will invest in power, roads, and water. Our drive to boost revenues through digitization and other growth measures is expected to allow us to deliver on our budget proposal,” he added.

ALSO READ:  Minister of Steel Development condemns Kogi killings, calls for enhanced security



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *